Sunday 9 August 2015

Cruelty Free Cosmetics: Evening Skincare Routine

 

To follow on from my morning skincare routine post, I'm going to share the other half of my daily skincare. Well, I say half, this bit is definitely shorter. In the evening I want to get into bed, and there's no time for dilly dallying. Depending on the condition of my skin, some of these products can be skipped, but I'll talk about that in more detail below. I just want to make sure that my skins clean, and there's no product build up so I can sleep easy and wake up feeling refreshed in the morning.

The Products
I want to keep everything as natural and gentle as possible to be nice and kind to my skin. And just like my morning products, everything is vegan and cruelty free.


Step 1:
White Rabbit Skincare Comfort Cleaning Balm
£15.00 per 100ml, includes a flannel (Vegan)

This stuff is the stuff of dreams. I rub it into dry skin, wash it off with a flannel, and then my skin is so unbelievably soft and smooth. It's oil based, but don't let that put you off if you have oily skin. Its helped to clean up pores and stopped me from breaking out as frequently as I used too. It also seems to be doubling up as a moisturiser, as it keeps my skin so hydrated. I often don't wear any makeup during the day, and save this for special occasions, but when I do this is able to remove it all without a problem. I don't think I have any criticisms. :)


Step 2:
Lush Eau Roma Toner Water
£4.25 per 100g (Vegan)

I talked about this in my morning skin care post, and mentioned that I find it more important in the evening. As I use a cleansing balm, which is a bit heavier than my morning lotions, I like to make sure that its all thoroughly removed to stop my skin from feeling overloaded. I do wash it off with water, but by spraying some of this on to a cotton wall ball or flannel I'm able to quickly remove all those pesky last traces. This also ensures that my skin is nice and hydrated at the end of the day, and able to stay that way through the night.

Step 3a: [optional]
Faith in Nature Replenishing Moisturising Cream
£6.39 per 50ml (Organic, Vegan)

More often that not this routine and my morning one combined give my skin enough moisture, but if I have the odd day when its feeling dryer than normal I'll apply this. My skin is then back to its normal self in no time! This used to be my go to morning moisturiser, but I swapped it for one with SPF for the summer so its taken a back seat, but I still think that its great, and it did an amazing job at healing marks lefts by stubborn spots.


Step 3b:
Abby Essentials Moisturising Eye Cream
£8.95 per 25ml (Vegan)

I've revived this in full here, but I will big it up again. I'm using an eye cream as a precaution, to try and delay any future aging, and to help tired under eyes heal. I'm pretty paranoid about getting enough sleep, so I'm normally focusing on the first use. (If the second one is proving to be a problem, I'll use this in the morning too). This means that I don't see eye cream as the most important part of my skincare, and I don't really use it everyday. This little beauty still manages to give great results, despite my sporadic use of it, and a little is going a long way.

Step 4:
Lush Grease Lightning Spot Treatment
£6.40 per 45g (Vegan)

This is a product that I've talked about a lot on my blog. It's featured in this post, and this one here. I won't bore you by rambling on about it again, but I will say that I use it for treating any spots, blemishes, or lurking spots, and it does a damn good job.


Have you tried any of these products? I'd love to know your thoughts if you have :)

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment below and I'll do my best to reply :)

© Lucadonta . All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig