Tuesday 16 August 2016

Graduation



I haven't blogged for a while, but I'm going to jump straight in - last month I graduated, and I couldn't have been more proud of myself. This funny sized photo is ruining my blog layout, but I'm one big happy bunny and I don't even care :)

University was a funny three years for me. I enjoyed my subject, seminars, lectures and learning, but I found it hard to switch off. The work never ended, and if I had a day off I felt guilty. I liked exploring a new place, but I missed being around my family, and living in a dogless house isn't something I want to do again! Uni was up and down. I worked hard and did well, and then I felt immensely happy, but it wasn't the best three years of life. I had moments when I was very very close to packing it all in, but I'm also very stubborn, and somehow, I pushed on through. Going to university was a fantastic opportunity, and while it wasn't the perfect environment for me, I was determined to make the most of it. 

Now I can look back at those three years from the other side, and not only be ridiculously happy for finishing, but for managing to graduate, and for doing this with a first class degree!!!! It's just a grade on a bit of paper, but I'm oh so proud of that bit of paper. I've framed it and everything.

Graduation itself was a pretty fab old day. Everyone was happy and campus was full of life. It was also so nice to bring my family into the uni bubble and share the moment with them. To top it all off, I got to wear the gown and hat, get the obligatory photo by the rock, and enjoy a free cupcake.  

Thankyouthankyouthankyou to my fabulous parents, family, Rob, housemates, lecturers, Trevor the best landlord in the whole of Exeter (if not the world), and Adele - 25 was my essay soundtrack and you helped me smash it. 

I did it, and now I'm loving working life. Here's to the future and stuff! Has anything exciting happened to you recently? Do share if it has, and make the comments a lovely place of positivity :) 




~Normal ethical living posts to resume shortly, just wanted to document this big life thing first. Yay!~

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Congratulations on graduating!
    By the way I just found your blog and I love it! Hope to read more posts on here. :)

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! SO happy you commented, now I've discovered your blog and it looks great! Looking forward to reading more of your posts too :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on such a big accomplishment. You look lovely and sound so humbled.

    http://chicfromhair2toe.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comment below and I'll do my best to reply :)

© Lucadonta . All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig