Thursday 27 November 2014

Roasted Chickpeas!


I'm a massive fan of snacks. There's nothing better than a snack (and some good music) to make essay writing survivable. If I'm sitting down all day writing essays, it's even better if it's a healthy snack, it just helps me to feel a bit less sluggish. 

Enter: Roasted Chickpeas.

They're full of protein, and super tasty, and not at all messy, so they're great for eating when you're doing other things. 

You basically just:
Preheat you oven to 220'C
Rinse a can of chickpeas
dry them a bit in kitchen roll, (can be skipped if you haven't got any)
toss the chickpeas  in you chosen flavorings*
Roast for 30 mins on a baking tray (shake them a bit half way though)

When they look crunchy, they're done! 
Eat Straight away, or leave to cool :)  


*For my flavorings I used: 
A splash of sunflower oil (but you could use any type)
One tablespoon ish of Cumin
One tablespoon ish of Chill Powder
1/2 a teaspoon ish of Paprika
A pinch of salt

These are the easiest thing to make, and you could flavor them with pretty much anything. I'm thinking of trying some sweet, honey ones to help with sugar cravings. Sure, they're no carrot stick, but they don't have all the added sweeteners and manky things that you find in sweets.  

Let me know if you give these a go, or if you have any flavor suggestions! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment below and I'll do my best to reply :)

© Lucadonta . All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig