Sunday 30 November 2014

Exeter Christmas Market

It may still be November, but only just! After the warm up of the Cruelty Free Christmas Festival last week, it was time to start getting seriously festive.

I've been anticipating Christmas for ages, but Uni has been so busy that I haven't really had the time to start planning it yet. This time last year the Uni flat was covered in paper snowflakes, and about 90% of my Christmas shopping was done. This year definitely isn't so organised, so it was nice to do something Christmassy and get in the Christmas spirit! :)




Rob was here for the weekend, and he wouldn't be back in Exeter before Christmas, so It was the perfect time to give the Christmas Market a visit. We walked down soon after 4, just as it was starting to get dark, and all the lights were turning on.

First stop was a small caravan style cafe, called the Bean Machine, to pick up a few takeaway teas to warm us up. I got a super tasty 'veryberry' fruit tea, it did the job perfectly for only £1.50.:)


We didn't end up up buying anything else, but it was really nice to wander through the narrow streets of little wooden huts and feel super Christmassy. It really made it feel like Christmas is just around the corner.

If you were after nice crafty things, wintry clothing, wines, or local preserves, cheeses or Chocolate this was the place to go. I may well be back for fresh bread, German cakes, and a dried fruit and nut pick and mix! (If that's not your sort of thing, or you fancy something a bit sweeter, there was a regular pick and mix too!)


Its also really nice place to go for an on-the-go light meal or snack. There were loads of really tasty looking food stalls, with lots of different options between them. I was very very tempted by the donuts and chestnuts.

We then got to wander back through the highstreet, which has been transformed with Christmas lights in the last few weeks. I love dark evenings when I'm nice and cosy inside, but it can feel a little oppressive when you have to be out and about. Christmas lights help to make my walk home in the dark a bit less intimidating, and make everything that bit more pretty. :)

Sorry for the slightly sketchy photo quality, we went to the market straight from campus so I didn't have my nice camera with me, blame my phone!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment below and I'll do my best to reply :)

© Lucadonta . All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig