Saturday 13 December 2014

Lord of the Rings/Hobbit Nail Art


It's that time of year again. The time of year when I get far too excited about the new Hobbit film, and have to share this with the world via my nails.

I love the way this nail art looks. Any fellow Middle Earth nerd instantly recognises the elvish font and the inscription from the ring:

 'One  Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them
 One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them' 

Other people still compliment me on how 'pretty' it looks and think I've just gone for some cool abstract pattern. I think the gold makes it look slightly festive too, so it fits well with the December release date. (But I've definitely worm this design at other times of the year too!) 

Its a really easy design to do if you make use of the black Barry M nail art pen, but it looks really professional. Just paint your nails gold, (the paint I used is old and not cruelty free, but Barry M, Models Own, e.l.f, etc all do very similar colours) wait for them to dry, and write the elvish over the top. Apply a top coat and you're good to go.  This is a brilliant reference image for the script. 

Nerdy nail art is my favorite type of nail art, so let me know if you've tried out any cool designs! In the meantime I'll be watching The Battle of the Five Armies :)




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment below and I'll do my best to reply :)

© Lucadonta . All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig